WHO IS DOING THE RESEARCH
Seema Lal is a psychologist and special educator by profession. She is currently registered as a part time Ph.D. student with the Vrije University, Amsterdam. She is also the co-founder of a child rights advocacy group “Togetherwecan”.
The study focuses on four influences:
1. Role of own personality knowledge,
2. Role of significant others,
3. Role of professionals,
4. Role of government
Each influence is studied for each of the four phases of the journey:
A. Child birth to diagnosis,
B. Diagnosis to therapies,
C. Schooling years,
D. After school years.
WHAT DOES PARTICIPATION INVOLVE
1. Be willing to share your journey as a mother with the researcher.
2. Be ready to be interviewed face to face or over the telephone at a time and place mutually convenient (Interview will be recorded).
3. Be prepared for the interview to last 30 to 45 minutes.
4. Be assured that the data will be used only for the purpose of research, and that it will be shared only with the supervisors and co-supervisor of the research.
5. Be convinced that all personal information will be made anonymous.
6. Be conscious that you can withdraw consent to participate at any point of time.
WHO GUIDES THE RESEARCHER
Prof Dr. Joske Bunders
Prof Dr.Vandana Gopikumar
Asst Prof Dr.Elena Syurina